Friday, January 7, 2011

Every Day Is Children's Day

When I was young I asked my parents why there was a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but no children's day. The answer I got was "every day is children's day", and in many ways that was true. Like most of you I had a pretty good childhood, but it isn't all sweetness and light for some children in third world countries, and let's face facts - that includes the Land of Smiles.

The 350 or so boys and girls aged five to 17 at the Huay Pong orphanage South of Pattaya aren't with their families, for a variety of reasons. However, because of kind donations from several sources there
will be an outdoor party for them today, and their excitement was palpable yesterday afternoon as they raked leaves, set up tables and chairs.

I'll write more about this and post some photos soon.

I do not expect that there will be a post tomorrow.

No comments: