Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24th: Here Wishing You A "Silent Night"



It's the morning of Christmas Eve here in the U.S. - for those who participate in that flavor of festivities, anyway. My spiritual beliefs don't fit very well with any organized Christian-based religion, but I love the holiday. Always have.

The last couple of years I've posted the above clip of a choral group singing "Silent Night," and that's what I'll share with you again this year - for a few reasons.

First and foremost: if you leave the religion-specific references out of it it expresses a sentiment that's all too often left behind in the world today, and it needs repeating, I think.

Secondly, it's the most beautiful rendition I've ever heard of the song. If you know of another, leave us the performer's name in the comments section and I'll check it out.

Third, a niece and nephew of mine are among the voices of the large chorale singing this particular version, and since it's my playhouse I'm taking the opportunity to be a bit proud of them both. Nice job.

1 comment:

khunbaobao said...

Dax, my sincere apologies for losing your kind words. It was late and I clicked the wrong button. I'm glad you enjoyed the rendition of the song. I don't get tired of it, myself.

Best wishes for the holidays to you and yours. Please join in again and I'll be more careful!