Thursday, April 25, 2013

Update On April 15th's "Reaping What We Sow"

Note: this translation uses the male "krap" instead of the female "ka", but it'll get the point across to the staff. I leave the tip below the wording, or leave them peeking out above.

I hadn't planned on posting today, but ten days ago on April 15th's post "Tips Of The Trade, Or Reaping What We Sow" I made mention of a note I leave with the daily tip for the housekeeping staff that reads "Housekeeping --  thank you!" in Thai, but at the time of the post I'd misplaced the original my friend had kindly written for me so I didn't have it to scan and share.

A reader from South Africa wrote to ask if I still had it, as she was planning a trip there in July and liked the idea. I looked around and still couldn't find the one from this last trip, but while doing some other filing this morning I found another, so, here it is: scanned, cleaned up and ready to print out if anyone else out there would care to use it.

Thanks for asking, Didi. Here's wishing you a safe and enjoyable trip. Please write again and share some of the high points of your adventure after you're home again.

4 comments:

Krobbie said...

Bao-Bao what a great idea.

Thankyou,
Keith

Unknown said...

Thanks Bao-Bao....I've already saved this one as well to print.
Will definitely let you know when I'm back re some highlights of my trip! Best Wishes....
Didi-Cape Town, South Africa.

khunbaobao said...

Glad they helped, Didi. I haven't tried to print out this version but the one I emailed you works for sure.

Best,
Bao-Bao

khunbaobao said...

Keith, as nice as you and your other half are I'm sure you're thoughtful of the staff already, but this has been something I've had fun with.

As covered before, making an effort to speak the language of the places we visit is almost always appreciated... and buys us some slack, besides!