Friday, March 16, 2012

Home Again, Home Again - Jiggety Jog


While it's been a better month in Thailand than some visits here over the years, my time has again drawn to a close and it's time to gather my stuff together, sit on suitcases to make everything fit and do some final catching up by phone with the friends I couldn't make time for this trip.

My list of friends here in this magnificent place continues to grow, and the camaraderi I share with them - much like the guys above - is something I value a great deal.  Thank goodness for email and skype to fill the time until I'm again Thailand-bound.

As is usually the case I expect to have my internal clock knocked for a loop as I jump a dozen time zones and the International Dateline, but it's my plan to be back posting by Monday from the US of A.  I never look forward to the butt-numbing 20+ hours of travel home, but there's something compelling about being in my own bed, and that's where I'll catch up on sleep this weekend.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, whatever it is you end up doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this? No mention of St. Patrick's Day? Are you sure you're American? 555

Looking forward to seeing some great photos and reading good stories.

Only a couple of months till I'm back in LoS

krobbie said...

Bao Bao, I hope you arrived home safe and sound. It will be my turn to take off at the end of next month (after Songkran).

I hope you had a magical time in the Kingdom.

Cheers
Keithj

khunbaobao said...

If it's any consolation I did have corned beef and cabbage on the 17th, but that only because it's what I was served at dinnertime. Ireland is still a country on my list of places I'd enjoy visiting, though.

Keith - Yes, I'm home safe and sound. Be prepared for some warm weather. It was in the upper 90s (F) the entire time I was there, and the humidity was high, to boot.