Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Playing With Crocodiles, Part 1


For reasons beyond me, this clip I uploaded to YouTube a few years ago has gotten linked to a number of other sites and continues to get a surprising number of viewings - to me, anyway.

Like many others I was there that afternoon in Samut Prakan primarily for the carefully rehearsed entertainment - but also the possibility of a mishap. As I understand it that rarely occurs, thankfully; most of the crocodiles have been worked with long enough to give the handlers a reasonably good idea of how they'll react to them, but hey - they are just reptiles, and the guys aren't much more than a "Crocky Snack" to them, if truth be known. It's a tourist stop I've enjoyed a couple of times, and will probably visit again.

There are a couple of graphic bite clips to be found out there (hey, wait... at least finish this post before you click away looking for them) but I'm happy with merely the vicarious thrill of the possibility I've enjoyed each visit.

No comments: