Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Decorating 2012


Now that Thanksgiving has faded to being a series of leftovers in people's refrigerators, Christmas looms on the horizon. Black Friday mutated and now we have Cyber Monday, where shoppers in the U.S. alone are expected to spend about four billion (that's with a B) U.S. dollars online today, at least 20% more than they did last year.  Incredible.

I'm not much of a shopper, but I do enjoy the holidays... and I decorate the place to the nines. A dear friend once told me the place "looked like Santa's whorehouse," but he had too many Grinch genes, I think.

The boxes above are most of what awaited me this morning after I dragged them down from the attic over the weekend, and that's what I launched into instead of writing a post. My apologies. I'll make another stab at it tomorrow.

No comments: