Friday, November 2, 2012

Flowers, Part 19: Dendrobium And Other Friday Flowers

Dendrobium cream/violet colored orchids in Chantaburi, Thailand

Being up to my neck in a photo project the past few days I've been too distracted (OK, let's just be honest and say lazy) to sit and write a post of any length, so again today I'm falling back on the floral familiars and posting some images of plant life I've enjoyed seeing while in Thailand. I figure it's only fair for those of you who regularly check in - something I'm most grateful for.

This was one BIG hibiscus bloom - nearly seven inches wide

I don't often check statistics for the blog here, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it's nearly doubled in the three months since I last looked. Again, my thanks to you all. There have been enough questions received via email to warrant some answers here, and I'll get to those next week - promise.

I was told this was the bloom of a Thai fruit, but I don't know which one. Any guesses?

Until then - and unless you've made plans for something different - have a great weekend. See you on Monday.

These pansy-type flowers covered a shrub over two meters high

No comments: