Friday, April 22, 2011

Night Photos, Part 15: Pattaya Again

On a side soi in Jomtien Complex

Not being all that much of a "clubs" person (but knowing that many of you are fans of the night life there) I often end up walking around Pattaya taking pictures in the evenings to share here. The exterior sign lighting involved helps make the buildings interesting subjects, so to speak, and the ongoing activity tends to make the areas rich with photo opportunities overall. The green sea of light around Royal House next to TukCom (below) is a good example, I think, as well as the shot of the additional seating at Dicks Jomtien up top, taken from above.

Royal House Massage, behind TukCom and next to Baan Dok Mai

Add to that the seemingly endless opportunities to people watch, especially with such an abundance of colorful participants reeling out and around the areas as the evenings progress and you have an ever-changing free show, albeit uneven and unscheduled! Come to think of it, there are sometimes promotional efforts beyond the familiar siren calls of the touts, such as the guys playing in the traffic outside Wild West Boys from last August.

If people were able to check their cloaks of anonymity when entering the more colorful areas you'd need a hat check room the size of a Big C store, but that's not the case (for a variety of reasons) so I have to conjure up a little more effort to be considerate of others' privacy while taking photos there. On my last trip I was trying to get a shot down the block of the opposite side of the soi I was on and actually had a guy trot over to me and say "no photo", pointing to the club he'd been sitting in front of, five doors down the other side of the street. I hadn't even realized it was in the shot, since it had a fairly dark frontage. I showed him a failed attempt from a minute or so before and he said "OK, sorry!" and went back to his perch.

That said, here are some photos taken in the general Pattaya area on evening walks; some new and a couple of older ones that bear repeating, in my humble opinion.

The Dolphin restaurant in the Day/Night area of Pattaya

As mentioned last Saturday I'm going to try not posting on the weekends and see if I can do any better keeping up with obligations away from the blog here. If you observe the Easter holiday in some shape or form I hope it's enjoyable or meaningful for you. See you here again on Monday.

An unusual moment of quiet on Second Road

Along Dong Tan Beach. I believe this is a repeated image, but worth repeating, I thought

1 comment:

krobbie said...

Just a quick mention re: the Easter holiday. I have just enjoyed 4 days of from work for the Easter break as every year at this time in New Zealand.

Easter and Christmas are religious holidays observed here even if Christianity itself seems to be on the decline. A Christian attitude isn't thank goodness. By that I mean "treat others and you would have them treat you". Generally be kind to one another.

I do my best.

Cheers
Keith