Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Same Same, But Different! - Part 2

Sticking with the gum theme from Part 1, here are a couple others I’ve tried in Thailand. The first is Green Gum, made by a company based in Japan, if I recall correctly. The only English on the packaging other than the brand names reads “A light and mild sweetness, coupled with lasting flavor and comfortable chewiness. Enjoy the delight only possible from Lotte”, which sounds like Japanese marketing lingo at its best to me. It has a mild spearmint flavor that lasts quite a while.


Everyone’s tastes are different, but I think this next one is just wrong: Wrigley’s Doublemint, with pineapple. I probably won’t buy another pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why aren't the Thai brands packages printed in that very exotic loopy/ wavy Thai lettering ?

khunbaobao said...

Some are. There are different types of Thai fonts, though - same same as Western fonts - some more modern than others. If you look closely at the top image I put two packs of each gum together, one showing Thai, one showing Western lettering. I'll look for another example soon. Thanks for the comment, though!