Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sleeping, Part 2

The second installment in a short series on snoozing in Thailand. Part 1 is here.

I've always liked the idea of having company while napping and this man seems to have found it, courtesy of the puppy under his chair.


How this student could be sleeping amidst the din and chaos of a fast food restaurant is beyond me, but he was out both times I walked by - 20 minutes apart.


Although you can't see more than their soles and toes it's a safe bet there were at least four asleep in the back of this truck on an afternoon commute.



A tricycle taxi driver in Udon Thani catches a few ZZZs...


"Make mine EXTRA crispy!" - A woman across the sidewalk called and woke this guy up just in time to save the batch he had left frying in the oil to his right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all of those are good photos.. especially the one with the puppy. The land of smiles seems to be the land of siestas too.

Christian said...

I like your blog. I too find it amazing where and in what positions Thais can sleep and I have some photos of sleeping Thais from my last holiday as well.