Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas In San Francisco

As it often can be during the normal course of the Christmas holidays I'm overbooked and trying to do three things in two places at the same time. For those of you who observe Christmas-Hannukah-Kwanzaa-Saturnalia-Whatever with family and friends I'm sure you understand what I mean! For those of you who don't (or can't) take advantage of this opportunity - my sincere sympathies. It's the time of year when I re-charge my emotional and mental batteries, and I really love it - despite the frantic moments that are often a part of the process.

Again today I don't have the luxury of enough time to write a proper post and will again share a photo with you - this time one taken yesterday in San Francisco of the artificial tree Neiman-Marcus has put up in the rotunda area of their store on Union Square. It's four stories tall and is quite a sight from the top, looking down into to the ground level. This is another "stitched" panorama shot, made from five images taken with available light.

Union Square itself is decorated and has its own tree, several stories tall. You can see the top of it (there's a red star on top) through the window, just to the left of the N-M tree.

2 comments:

krobbie said...

Do they still put the big wooden menorah up at Union Square also. Bao-Bao?

It was such an amazing sight to me.

I had a most memorable Christmastime (a 6 week period) some time ago. It was truly wonderous.

Cheers
Keith

khunbaobao said...

They do, yes - but of course it's over so I didn't see it this year. Some years it's a nice juxtaposition to see the tree and the menorah within 30 feet of each other!