Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stop Work AGAIN??

A dear friend in Thailand doesn't say he's taking a day off from work, he says "stop work today".

Today I stop work. I'm nowhere close to being a religious person, but I do love Christmas - and today there are two holiday gatherings I've been looking forward to that will keep me away from the keyboard here. Back tomorrow.

PS - some of you might recognize the photo today as one I'd cropped down and allowed a forum I participate on to use as a banner picture... now you can see the full image. Thai oranges are usually greenish even when ripe - and (since you can peel them) they're another safe-for-farang-stomachs street snack - and delicious.

4 comments:

krobbie said...

If there is one thing I really enjoy in Thailand it is the street fruit vendors.

Chop a mango, pineapple pieces into a plastic bag with a pointed bamboo stick to eat it with .... fab! 10 baht only.

These little oranges I buy at the market. I was unsure at first as I am used to the skin being orange also. However, Bobey says no these are ripe for eating and very sweet.

He's right and you can buy a huge bag for very few baht (as opposed to strawberries or cherries).

Bobey and I have fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt in a bowl with some cornflakes or honey corn flakes each morning. A great start to the day.

Cheers
Keith

Christian said...

The problem with peeling fruits is that your fingers get dirty, what I don't like at all. Therefore, I prefer fruit cut into pieces in a plastic bag and do peel fruit myself only at home, where I can wash my hands immediately afterwards.

krobbie said...

Christian, that is why they invented wet wipes. Never without a pack and my small bottle of hand sanitiser in Thailand.

After pushing the trolley at the supermarket (who knows who has been sneezing all over it) to general use before and after eating if one is in a public place, like street vendors etc. Invaluable.

Peeling citrus will harden your fingernail tips, so all good.

beachlover said...

Those green oranges... in Chinatown you get street hawkers/stalls where they'll squeeze a glassful of that juice for you. Very refreshing and healthy... cools you down.