Friday, December 3, 2010

Same Same, But Different! Part 7: Thai Comedians



Note Udom is a Thai comedian who does observational stand-up comedy much like you'd see performers do in Western countries. In the clip above he's sharing about his girlfriend wanting to break up with him, and speaks of many of the same points you may well have heard or experienced in a past relationship yourself. I know I've gotten the "let's just be friends" line!

The translated English subtitles for his routine were done - quite well, I've been told - by a member who posts as aanon on the Thai language forum at thaivisa.com, another site worth a visit.

There are other clips available on YouTube, but this seemed like the best example of "same same, but different!" Same thoughts, same emotions, different language.

4 comments:

krobbie said...

Bao-Bao,
It is 11.54pm in Auckland and I am sitting here watching a Thai comedian with subtitles and finding it very funny indeed.

I would find this routine in any language amusing. Great delivery.

Oh and by the way ... "It's not, it's me", is another of those killer lines. I too have heard them all.

Cheers
Keith

Unknown said...

lol. That is really good.

khunbaobao said...

Yes, he missed "It's not you...it's me", didn't he? He has nice timing.

ScottL said...

He is good, he had me laughing though I don't understand a word, except maybe a few words here and there. I want to compliment the person who supplied the subtitle. I was laughing real watching this. Thanks for sharing.