Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thai Smiles, Part 24: More Random Smiles

As the Christmas holidays draw to a close - as observed by my family, anyway - I'm finally digging out from beneath the wrapping paper, getting back to somewhat normal food and beginning to clear up some of the festive mess generated when 20 people gather together here for four days. It's not completely back to normal here, but the number of folks still staying overnight is down to five plus day visitors so I'm able to punch out a post of sorts today as I'd said I would do.

Readers have been kind enough to say they've liked the "Thai Smiles" series, so - taking the easier, softer way - here today are another few assorted smiles while I recover from a major sugar crash.

The top photo today is half of a couple I talked with at Jatujak weekend market one day. The two guys had just bought the new dog that day and were on their way home, as pleased as any new "parents" can be. I've joked with friends that while both subjects in the picture are "cute puppies" I suspect the one on the right would overall be less needy maintenance-wise!

Although the guy below wasn't really smiling I thought he had nice eyes, so I'm including it.

In the previous post from the series (on the 23rd) there was a group of kids in a park in Udonthani taken after they'd seen me taking the shot of the two kids below. Since they kind of go together I'm posting it today.

The last photo is of a friend's cousin up in Isaan. Since kids are the best subjects it seemed like a fitting close for today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One thing that I like about your blog is that your photos are of typical Thai people rather than models. I've been enamored with more than one guy that didn't have proper dental care as a youth. lol.

khunbaobao said...

Thank you, Michael - I'm biased but I think the Thai are a good-looking group of people in general, so photo subjects abound.

Hope things aren't too messy in your neck of the woods... my relatives have been really inconvenienced by snow the past few weeks.