Saturday, December 4, 2010

Night Panorama - Lady Bar, Pattaya

I received an email from a reader who asked why I didn't have more posts about the "Girly Bars" in the more colorful nightlife areas of Bangkok and Pattaya. I replied to point out the obvious (I'm not interested in them) but they had a point - so in the interest of impartiality I'll make a visit or two on my next trip there.

The photo today is a combination of two areas: night photography and panorama - or software-stitched - pictures. I haven't had many successful tries at this, so I was pleased that this one came out.

The location is a hostess bar on Walking Street in Pattaya, which is section several blocks long that's closed off to vehicular traffic after sundown. We'll cover it properly another time, but it begins at the southern end of Beach Road, where it makes its 90 degree left turn up to 2nd Road.

As you can see, it was still relatively early on in the evening - an evening that would last for another six hours or so until closing time. The women behind the bar are all available as company and are waiting patiently for men to come in to buy them a drink, pay the "off fee" and take them out somewhere else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.. me love you long time :-)