Monday, May 24, 2010

Cleaning Up The Wreckage

There are a number of good examples online of Thai resiliency, but a couple worth looking at are featured here today. Thai photographer Nattawat Wongrat has quite an impressive selection of photos taken yesterday (23rd May) of people cleaning up the rubbish, graffiti and wreckage left behind after the most current round of unpleasantness. His photos are here for viewing. I read in RQD's "Community Therapy" post that there were somewhere around 6,000 there helping yesterday. It's heartening.

The song used in this YouTube video clip is a little too "Up With People" for me (and boy, did I just date myself with
that reference) but the images are hopeful:



I'm realistic enough to understand that this may just be a break of a week, a month or a year, but as I was posting on an online forum this morning it's
so encouraging to see a positive force pulling together to begin some healing. Obviously it's not over and done with, but I'm glad the violence has abated... at least for this round. Let's hope whatever happens next is less deadly.

No comments: