Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thinking Of Suvarnabhumi

The only good thing about leaving Thailand (other than the obvious draw of family, friends and sleeping in my own bed) is being able to begin to plan and look forward to a return visit.

Saying goodbye to my friends in Thailand is never easy, and more emotional some times than others - depending on where we all are on our paths at that moment in our lives - but standing in the inevitable line at passport control usually gives me time to look back and reflect on the trip just ending.


By the time I see the view above I'm usually ready to board the plane, have a light meal and "Z" out my mental register for a while. Shortly after waking, though, I'm already daydreaming about the next trip.


Wanderlust is really, really difficult to shake.

No comments: