Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Another Pattaya Panorama

Click on the image to enlarge it, and again for a still larger image if your browser allows for that.

I'm a little short on time today so I'm offering a panorama shot of the Beach Road area of Pattaya, taken from a rooftop at the far Northern end, looking South. It's quite a walk down to the far end where Walking Street begins.

Walking along this stretch of beach in the morning is always such a pleasure for me - it's quiet, people are less hurried along the walkway and the folks setting up their businesses for the day are often happy to take a break and say hello or pose for a photo. It's also one of the better times to walk along the sand and find shells that have washed up overnight.

While blending the images the software managed to create a little more curvature to the horizon than nature intended - so while the camera didn't lie, the technology did!

I can hardly wait to be there again.

2 comments:

ScottL said...

Hi, I have just discovered your blog about Thailand and I love it! Like you, I fall in love with Thailand ever since my first trip there two years ago. I like the people, the cultures and anything Thai! That said, I have not been to every parts of Thailand just yet. I have only been to Bangkok twice and recently Phuket. Sad to say, for the two times I was in Bkk, I have not taken a trip to Pattaya but that may change soon. I am going to Bkk again next year March and hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a short trip to Pattaya.

It's always a pleasure to read your little anecdotes about Thailand, its culture and its people. They are very insightful and provide me a bigger glimpse to this Land of Thousand Smiles! Keep up the good work and I hope to see more beautiful stories here.

By the way, travelling to Thailand is easy for me. You see I am from Penang, a northern island state of Malaysia. It's only 1.5H flight to Bkk and 3H van ride to Thailand southern border city of Hatyai. And yet, it's blog like yours that truly open my eyes about Thailand. Thank you so much.

PS I am learning Thai and I can recognize all Thai alphabets now. Sorry that my comment seems rather too long. :P Love, Scott

khunbaobao said...

Welcome, Scott - I appreciate your making the time to comment. It's always nice to hear when my stuff here helps someone one way or another!

It's great you've learned the Thai alphabet (there's very little BAD knowledge, I'd say) but most I've read would steer you to learning to speak some of the basics, too. During everyday activities you'll find that easier than writing someone a note! ;-) (Just kidding you here)