Thursday, November 4, 2010

Night Photos, Part 9: Miscellaneous Shots

Another night shot of the Victory Monument area from Baiyoke Tower

A few more night shots today that may or may not pop up again, but didn't seem to have a proper home otherwise - so here you go.

The view up top is another view of Victory Monument, taken from the Baiyoke Tower. You saw a similar shot in Part 6 of this series, but I liked this one better because of the color and detail.

The Sun Moon Cafe below serves really good Chinese food in a casual (but cramped) setting, next to the Pinnacle Hotel on Soi Ngam Duphli. If you're staying at the Pinnacle, Vincent's Seven Rooms, the Malaysia or even the Ibis and you want great take-away food to have someplace else, it's recommended.


To round things up today here are a couple more shots of BTS stations at night...

Train approaching the Chong Nonsi station

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Baiyoke Tower, I'm up there at least once every trip.
I was up there two weeks ago and they had the platform revolving (first time in three years) and it's annoying. It's moves fairly fast and it's noisy. It's hard to gaze at something too long or set up a shot with a tripod because before you know it, your out of range. Probably makes a full 360 in a 15-20 minutes, I didn't time it.

JT

khunbaobao said...

Your time estimate is probably pretty close, JT. I've never been up there when it hasn't been rotating but I think I'd like that, personally. It IS kind of noisy - and not a very smooth ride. Still, a great view on a clearer day!