Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Butterfly Pictures

Since a reader was kind enough to identify the red "Pin Cushion" (Ixora) blooms in yesterday's post for us today I'll share a few more photos of butterflies I've been lucky enough to catch while out walking and taking pictures. The first batch were posted on October 10th, and you can see that post here.

These today were all fairly close together along a side-soi leading to a friend's home I was visiting in Phitsanulok. There was a stand at least five meters wide of Ixora in full bloom, and the butterflies were plentiful.

It was a lucky day for photos, and an altogether great day with an old friend. I hope to return there again to spend some time - and hopefully see more specimens like these!

1 comment:

krobbie said...

Now that's 2 days in row I am bewildered. I have no idea where Phitsanulok is so I', off to google it.

Cheers
Keith